Album cover of the week: Mystery to Me
Maybe someone more versed in Fleetwood Mac lore can explain this cover to me. But until then, I’ll just enjoy the weirdness of it. It’s the cover to the group’s eighth studio album, 1973’s Mystery to Me.
OK, so it’s a baboon on the beach, crying while eating a cake and… a book? Well that’s confusing. Perhaps the answer to this mystery is on the back cover.
Nope! Well except for the penguin, which was a band mascot of sorts (as well as being the name of Fleetwood Mac’s previous album).
Anyway, this cover was designed by Modula, who designed a bunch of Camel’s coolest album covers from the same period.
- 10 Great Fleetwood Mac Songs That Are Written &/or Sung by Christine McVie (thewildheart1983.wordpress.com)
- Fletwood Mac – 1971-02-19 – San Bernardino, CA (FLAC) (theultimatebootlegexperience2.blogspot.com)
- Fleetwood Mac to reunite in 2012 (guardian.co.uk)
- The first ever designed album cover (itsasmallweb.wordpress.com)
- R.I.P., Hall of Famer, Alex Steinweiss (lpcoverlover.com)
People found this post by searching for:
- "fleetwood mac mystery to me", "mystery to me", "fleetwood mac album covers", "mystery to me album cover", "mystery to me fleetwood mac", "fleetwood mac mystery to me album cover", "fleetwood mac", "mystery to me album cover meaning"