Greatest Misses: Van Halen
Even the most popular and successful bands have songs that speak only to a (relatively) devoted few. In Greatest Misses, I’ll count off the least popular song on band’s albums, not including brief interludes, joke songs, or generally any abnormally short song. I’m using the super scientific method of counting streams from a band’s Spotify catalog, so you know it’ll be accurate.
First up: Van Halen.
One interesting note about this first entry, that I would like to do some further research on. Of the 12 songs listed, 7 of them are the last song on the album. Do people just get to the end of a record and decide, “Nah I’m good, I’ll listen to something else now”? Strange.
Anyway, here’s the list and then the Spotify playlist:
- “On Fire” – Van Halen
- “Outta Love Again” – Van Halen II
- “Loss of Control” – Women and Children First
- “One Foot Out the Door” – Fair Warning
- “The Full Bug” – Diver Down
- “House of Pain” – 1984
- “Inside” – 5150
- “A Apolitical Blues” – OU812
- “In ‘N’ Out” – For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
- “Baluchitherium” – Balance
- “How Many Say I” – Van Halen III
- “Beats Workin'” – A Different Kind of Truth
Here’s the Spotify playlist, which will be added to with future entries in the series.